Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cherish-Relish Moment #2: "Unstiffened" Neck!

Sometime ago I woke up having a very stiff and painful neck. It just progressed so much during the day that I could not move my neck at all. Driving home back from work (just 8 minutes) was dangerous. By the time I got home, my neck hurt so much that I was literally in tears! This was my worst stiff neck so far in my 40 some years of life. For the next few days, I had to resort to painkillers in order to be able to go through the day. 

It is in such times that you realize that having every part of the body functioning as it should be (the normal state of things that we take for granted every day) is actually a wonderful miracle and you are filled with gratitude for that. The other day, I just became aware as I woke up that my once unmoveable neck was functioning perfectly - no stiffness, no pain …  I resolve not to take anything for granted but be more mindful of the gift of health: THANK YOU, UNSTIFFENED NECK. I cherish and relish you!

No comments:

Post a Comment